Collection and Use of Personal Membership Data by MD13 Ohio Lions Clubs Inc.
MD13 Ohio Lions Inc. (MD13) recognizes the importance of protecting the private information of our members. MD13 is dedicated to preventing the unauthorized data access, maintaining data accuracy, and ensuring the appropriate use of information.
Access to private information collected by MD13 is limited to Lions, Lions Clubs, and authorized organizations that will use the information to further Lions’ causes.
Access to information requires the agreement and compliance with the Lions’ privacy policies and practices.
- MD13 Ohio Lions, Inc. collects personal information about Lions Club members and Leo Club members to facilitate communications with and between our members. This information is used solely to further MD13’s Purposes including that "to unite the clubs in bonds of friendship good fellowship and mutual understanding" and to conduct its necessary operational activities including:
- Dues and other billings
- Distribution of MD13 Newsletter and membership/officer information and updates
- Compilation of membership profiles and trends to support membership growth, extension and retention programs
- Convention and meeting planning
- Contact information for Lion/Leo leaders, including past and present International Officers, Directors, and Board Appointees, Multiple District Council Chairpersons and MD13 Council of Governors, MD13 District and Vice District Governors, MD13 State Committee Chairs, and Club Officers
- Furtherance of Public Relations activities and Cooperative Alliances
- Support of Lions Clubs International Foundation and other adopted service programs
- Special advertising, non-dues revenue programs or other purposes in accordance with the Purposes and Objects as determined by the MD13 Ohio Lions Inc.
- Disclosure of information as required by law or that is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations
- Dues and other billings
- MD13 protects personal information by using password-protected areas and by restricting access to such information. It is important that you protect your password.
- The official directory is not available on the Internet without a password. Individuals, who are granted access to the official directory or any documents that contain personal information of members, may only use the information to further the purposes of LCI and MD13, and must agree to delete all such records after use.
- Any payment information collected shall be protected by software during transmission, which encrypts all of your personal information so that it can be safeguarded over Internet channels. We reveal only a limited part of your credit card number when confirming an order. At the present time, MD13 uses PayPal.
- The content of this website may not be retrieved, displayed, modified, copied, printed, sold, downloaded, hired, reverse engineered or transmitted in any way without the prior written permission of MD13 Ohio Lions Inc. The content of our website including without limitation all information, text, photographs, and graphics are protected by copyright, trademarks or other proprietary rights of others or ourselves. An exception is specifically granted to all Lions, Lions Clubs, and authorized organizations that will use the information to further Lions’ causes.
- The Council of Governors of MD13 shall establish criteria for determining what constitutes an authorized organization. Using this criteria, MD13 shall establish a list of authorized organizations. The list of authorized organizations shall be annually reviewed.
- In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998(COPPA), site operators should never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If such personal information is inadvertently collected, it will be deleted from the systems.
- Lions/Leo Club, District, Multiple District and/or Foundation should consider your privacy practices and follow similar guidelines when using the personal information of members, donors, recipients of your humanitarian assistance, or that of other individuals obtained in the course of conducting your activities. You should consider obtaining written permission before disclosing any personal information including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, medical information, financial information, etc. You should also be cautious when posting any personal information on the Internet or sharing email addresses with third parties.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.
Any legal action concerning this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Franklin County Ohio.
Any cause or claim must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause or claim arises.
MD13’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the Agreement.
MD13 may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice.