James T. and Betty Coffey Fellowship Program
PURPOSE: To award grants to schools and other youth support organizations that will involve as many children as possible in programs of drug and violence prevention, life skills and learning opportunities, as well as to ensure that young people are actively engaged in significant service and service learning activities.
GRANT CRITERIA: Schools or other Youth Support Organizations willing and able to meet the following criteria, will be eligible for a grant:
- Demonstrate that the intended use of the grant by the recipient is to conduct a program or project that encourages and includes, multiple young people in a life skills,citizenship, drug or violence prevention, and/or community service projector program.
- Demonstrate the approval and support, of the proposed use of the grant, by the appropriate school administrator, or executive of the youth organization.
- Be able to join with a local Lions Club in a joint service project.
- Plan to conduct a project briefing with the Lions Club and other community representatives.
- Submit an article, with photograph(s) about the project/program, to a local news media outlet, and send a copy of the same to the Ohio Lions State Office at 4074 Hoover Rd., Grove City, Ohio 43123.
- Provide public recognition to the Ohio Lions and the Local Lions Club for their participation and support.
- Demonstrate qualification as an exempt and/or IRC 501(c)(3) organization, and upon request provide the Ohio Lions administering agent a copy of its most recently filed I.R.S. Form 990, together with a copy of its I.R.S.determination letter.
MAXIMUM GRANT AMOUNT: $1000
CONTRIBUTIONS: For a $750 contribution, an individual Lion or Leo; or Lions or Leo Club; or individual or business/organization may be named a James T. Coffey fellow. The award recipient will receive a large beautiful individually-numbered Lion statue.
For a $500 contribution, an individual Lion or Leo; or Lions or Leo Club; or individual; or business/organization may be named a Betty Coffey fellow. The award recipient will receive a smaller beautiful individually-numbered Lion statue.
Checks should be made payable to: Ohio Lions Foundation - Coffey Endowment Program. The original application should be sent to your District Youth Committee Representative. A copy of the application and the check should be sent to Ohio Lions Foundation, P.O. Box 21016, Columbus, Ohio 43221-2879. A copy should also be sent to the State Youth Chair PCC Darlene Roll, 1385 Twp. Rd #216, Bellefontaine OH 43311. A final copy should be sent to the Ohio Lions State Office, 4074 Hoover Road, Grove City, Ohio 43123 so the plaque can be ordered. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
Contributions are tax deductible as the Ohio Lions Foundation is a Section 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact your District Youth Committee Representative, Ohio Lions Foundation Trustee, Ohio Lions State Office or visit the Ohio Lions Foundation website: www.ohiolionsfoundation.org/fellowships.htm